VOS IZ NEIAS

VOS IZ NEIAS Breaking news and community news that might be to your curiosity as it happens, before you get it from your news source.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Yorktown, NY - Anti-Semitic Pamphlets Left On Mailboxes

Yorktown, NY - A Spring Valley Road couple said they were so disgusted by anti-Semitic literature delivered to their yard, that they drove around their neighborhood collecting copies of the same pamphlets left by their neighbors' mailboxes.

Hallie Wolfe said she and her husband drove around the area to collect the four-page pamphlets when they received two of them - one at each end of their two-entrance driveway.
The literature carries a pre-World War II anti-Semitic mentality and is presented in the form of stories to German citizens and children. "It's old stuff, but you read it, and it just makes you sick," Wolfe said. The Wolfes said they had not seen any similar incidents in the 36 years they have lived on the street.

Wolfe said she called Yorktown police, but an officer who responded, while sympathetic, said there was nothing that could be done.
Yorktown police would not release information on the incident.

The Wolfes said they collected as many fliers as they could, about 25 in all. They found them by mailboxes up and down the rural road, where homes are set back on properties while mailboxes stand at the edge of the street. Each pamphlet was rolled and held with a rubber band. "They're going to make nice kindling," Hallie Wolfe said.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Unfortunately it is not surprising.
    I was in Yorktown, NY for business 2 years ago (at the time I frequently did business all over Westchester). I thought I was being paranoid because the same police care kept coming around while I was walking down the street. When the officer got out of the car and offered to help me find the location I was looking for,(funny he did not seem so eager to help anybody else) he made it clear that he really wanted to know the exact address and name of the business I was looking for, I realized that I had commited the crime of wearing a black yarmulke, a beard and tzitzis in Yorktown. I was vague, he got back in his car and continued to follow me. When I came out of the meeting he was still waiting. He followed me as I walked to my car. Now I know what it was like to be a black man in Alabama in the 1950's, because I have been an apparent Jew in Yorktown.

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    spring valley road is five min walking distance from kiryas pupa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free hit counters
Verizon ISP DSL Services