VOS IZ NEIAS

VOS IZ NEIAS Breaking news and community news that might be to your curiosity as it happens, before you get it from your news source.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Virginia - Senator Fumes Over Jewish Debate Question

Virginia - Senator George Allen confirmed his Jewish heritage, one day after refusing to answer that question during a debate.

A reporter asked Allen "could you please tell us if your forebearers include Jews and at what point your Jewish identity ended." The question was initially raised by other reporters that had previously wondered if Allen was attempting to hide his heritage so as not to alienate some Virginia voters.
Allen responded angrily, saying "to be getting into what religion my mother is. i don't think it's relevant."

Allen claims he is neither. In a statement, Allen said in part "I was raised as a Christian and my mother was raised as a Christian. And I embrace and take great pride in every aspect of my diverse heritage including my Lumbroso family line's Jewish heritage, which I learned about from a recent magazine article and my mother confirmed." He went onto say at the end of the day, Virginians will make judgements about candidates based on their race or religion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free hit counters
Verizon ISP DSL Services